Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Endless


He said, “it’ll all be okay,
just take a deep breath, one day at a time.” He wiped the tear.
He said, “everything will be alright, I’ll help you through,
don’t you worry, I’ll be right here.”

She pulled away.

He said, “wait don’t go, stay here with me for awhile,
we can go for a walk, one step at a time, take my hand.” He reached out.
He said, “tell me your visions of what a future could hold, I’d like to be there,
don’t you worry, I promise my love you’ll never be without.

Her eyes shifted to the distance, fading thought.

He said, “please take your eyes off that old tree,
just for a moment, look at me.”
He said, “there is something I see in your eyes of true heart and soul,
and that is the place I’d like to be.”

She moved closer.

She said, “we could go on talking forever”
she took a deep breath, “but talking is not the only thing that I need to hear.”
She said, “I know everything will be alright,
I can wipe away the fallen tear.”

He listened attentively.

She said, “I’ll stay here with you for awhile,
we can go for a walk, one step at a time, neither of us leading, but side by side.” She reached out.
She said, “tell me your visions of what a future could hold, we’ll both share,
in that maybe we both can discover what true love is about.”

He gazed upon her.

She said, “Please take your eyes off me,
just for a moment, look upon that old tree.”
She said, “there stands the breath of life, strong reaching high,
seems it goes on forever loving the sun and the moon in the sky,
symbolic of the endless heart and soul in my eyes that you see.

Their lips met beneath the tree, in the Autumn shade,
his hand moved to touch her hair,
a soft yellow leaf fell upon her,
as they embraced in the hearts’ discovery there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really would enjoy hearing your feedback, please leave me a message if my poetry happens to stir your emotions!

Browse My Blog